What is that password
Remembering a good password is not easy for most of us. For me, it is crazy to remember all my passwords and not to use the same password for each service. I personally don’t like the “social login” service, it feels so insecure for me. Then there is the question: is WordPress secure? Well, it depends highly on how secure your password is. When installing WordPress, you get a generated password that no one will ever remember. But that is a very secure password, and PLEASE do not use “admin” as a username!
So it always comes down to How Secure is your Password?
The following method work for me and you are more than welcome to try it yourself.
- Never use the same password for different platforms.
- I do not like to use social logins, but it is an easy way to login to your platforms.
- If you cant think of a password, the generate one: use Norton Generate Password
- Read here if you want to create your own password.
- Safe it in 1Password. Yes, I was always the one that was against a service that store passwords. But this one is really secure, it is more secure than a sticky note or a password that is stored on your phone. Read here how it works.
- There are always risks, 1Password give a “Master key” that you can store as a pdf. <- Yes, I know!
- Don’t be scared to use the “Forgot Password” link. I know it is a pain and you don’t have always time to reset your password.
Passwords are like underwear: you don’t let people see it, you should change it very often, and you shouldn’t share it with strangers. – Chris Pirilloote
For the fun, we have a list of the top 25 worst passwords. The list is created by SplashData using data from more than SplashData estimates almost 10% of people have used at least one of the 25 worst passwords on this year’s list, and nearly 3% of people have used the worst password, 123456.
Top 25 worst passwords
- 123456 (Unchanged)
- Password (Unchanged)
- 12345678 (Up 1)
- qwerty (Up 2)
- 12345 (Down 2)
- 123456789 (New)
- letmein (New)
- 1234567 (Unchanged)
- football (Down 4)
- iloveyou (New)
- admin (Up 4)
- welcome (Unchanged)
- monkey (New)
- login (Down 3)
- abc123 (Down 1)
- starwars (New)
- 123123 (New)
- dragon (Up 1)
- passw0rd (Down 1)
- master (Up 1)
- hello (New)
- freedom (New)
- whatever (New)
- qazwsx (New)
- trustno1 (New)
We are more than just a Hosting company!
AdminWP Host, Maintain (Site-care), Secure and Backup WordPress websites.