There are a lot of plugins in the WordPress repository, some very good and some not that good. The only way to know if a plugin is good or bad is by installing it for yourself, please also test the support responsiveness of the plugin author. If it is a paid plugin you can also read the reviews to get an idea how good the overall plugin experience is.
The list below is our must-have plugins when building any WordPress website. The list below is more focused on agencies and freelancers that build WordPress websites for clients.
- WordFence (Security)
- Our WordPress security plugin provides the best protection available for your website. Powered by the constantly updated Threat Defense Feed, WordFence Firewall stops you from getting hacked. Wordfence Scan leverages the same proprietary feed, alerting you quickly in the event your site is compromised. Our Live Traffic view gives you real-time visibility into traffic and hack attempts on your website. A deep set of additional tools round out the most comprehensive WordPress security solution available.
- Yoast SEO
- In my mind, Yoast is the best SEO plugin on the market. Yoast SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your articles and then make sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.
- Beaver Builder Pro (Best Page Builder)
- Beaver Builder Theme
- Ultimate Addons for beaver builder
- WP Fastest Cache
- This plugin creates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blog. When a page is rendered, PHP and MySQL are used. Therefore, the system needs RAM and CPU. If many visitors come to a site, the system uses lots of RAM and CPU so the page is rendered so slowly. In this case, you need a cache system not to render page again and again. Cache system generates a static HTML file and saves. Other users reach the static HTML page. Setup of this plugin is so easy. You don’t need to modify the .htacces file. It will be modified automatically.
- Gravity Forms
We love working with all of these plugins! We included Gravity Forms because you can build any form you want with it. It saves you a lot of time and money. But if you are not an agency and only want a contact form then ninja form, Contact form 7 or Formidable Forms are great alternatives. Please make sure when you use Contact form 7 to install a separate plugin to store the contact entries.
Same goes for Beaver Builder (plus Ultimate addons), you can create a very good, responsive and fast WordPress website. We really get good ratings on Google Speed tests and super easy to work with. The best part is you can show and hide elements for mobile by only select a setting on the element. Wow how web developing changed!