Every website, application, device, and systems can be hacked. This is just a reality we live in today. In this post, we are going to look at solutions to protect your logins. This will be easy to do and in my eyes a must. (Facebook hit by massive hack – 50 million users affected read more).
Use a secure password and keep it to yourself.
Most website force you to make your password strong. The problem lies in remembering that password, I saw some of my clients write down a password in the front of their dairy. This is so wrong to do and you will be an easy target for sure. I completely understand why he does it, there are just too many to remember and to remember difficult passwords with symbols and numbers (we&N2EMBXMdn-q&Rm8jWt%yU4) are just crazy. But you can try the following steps to help yourself to be safer with your passwords.
Try your best to do the following:
- Use two-factor authentication.
- This is an awesome solution for those of you that write down your passwords. This method will send you and code via an App or SMS. I know some websites do not have this function but if they do, use it. They will have a help file that explains how to activate it. It is free and fast to set up! BUT you must have your phone, and if you have to lock your phone else this method is useless. You can see your phone as the security key to your application.
- This is also a good method to use when you use the “remember me” option on a website.
- Change your password regularly.
- Do not share any password. (Company support will never ask your password!)
- Don’t be scared to use “forget password”. I rather use forget password as to write it down to remember!
- Use a VPN connection in public places and even at home. CloudFlare has an easy and free solution, read more.
The above steps are so easy to do and will not cost you a lot of time or knowledge to use. If you are worried about your security and things like identity theft, then please start to be more save.
If you want to ask us a question, please leave a comment or use our contact form. Keep safe!